Bactol® Antibacterial Hand Gel
Bactol® Alcohol Gel provides antibacterial hand cleansing without the need for water. It has been specially formulated with Macadamia Oil to replace the skins lipids which are removed by alcohol leaving your hands hygienic, soft and replenished.
Bactol® Alcohol Gel has been developed in compliance with EN1500 testing standard for alcohol based hand rubs. It is formulated with an alcohol concentration of 70% Ethanol v/v, as recommended by WHO for maximum efficacy. (1)
(1) WHO guidelines on hand hygiene in healthcare, World Health Organisation, 2009
Reference Materials and Videos
WATCH: How to Sanitise Your Hands with Bactol Hand Gel
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is Hand Hygiene?
Hand Hygiene is the term used to describe activities which clean, or remove germs from, hands. This can be achieved by using an alcohol gel such as Bactol or by washing hands with soap and water.
What is the Waterless Hand Cleansing Routine?
- Dispense sufficient volume of Bactol Alcohol Gel into hands. Ensure fingertips and fingernails are covered.
- Thoroughly rub product over all surfaces.
- Pay special attention to thumbs and the webbing between the fingers.
- Interlace fingers, cover nails, palms, fingers and backs of hands.
- Allow Bactol Alcohol Gel to dry on the hand
What are the 5 Moments of Hand Hygiene?
- Before you visit family or friends
- Before eating or drinking
- After using the toilet, bed pan or urinal OR changing nappies and sanitary pads
- After coughing, sneezing or using a tissue
- Before entering OR leaving a patient’s room
Please enter your email address to subscribe to our newsletters.