Bactol® has revolutionised hand hygiene with Bactol® Clear and Bactol® Blue.
Bactol® Clear and Bactol® Blue were both designed to provide cleansing without water whilst maintaining the structural integrity of skin.
Good hand hygiene is one of the best ways to help prevent the spread of germs and this can be achieved by washing your hands properly for a minimum of 20 seconds. If you don't have access to soap and water, an alcohol based hand gel is just as effective.
Bactol® Hand Sanitiser leaves hands soft, smooth and hygienically clean.
Bactol® Blue has the added benefit of Macadamia Oil to replenish the skin of essential lipids that are removed by alcohol.
Control infectious disease whilst preventing skin moisture loss
Key Features and Benefits:
- Keep skin soft as you sanitise - Bactol® is formulated with natural emollients to maintain skin integrity and prevent moisture loss
- Antibacterial - Kills bacteria without water
- pH Balanced - Bactol® Hand Sanitisers are colour free and pH balanced to protect the skin from dryness and irritation.
- EN 1500 compliant - Meets the recommendations of the National Hand Hygiene Initiative
- Alcohol concentration of 70% Ethanol v/v - As recommended by WHO for maximum efficacy*.
AUST R: 335834
*WHO guidelines on hand hygiene in healthcare, World Health Organisation, 2009
Always read the label. Use only as directed.
Reference Materials and Videos
WATCH: How to Sanitise Your Hands with Bactol Hand Sanitisers
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is Hand Hygiene?
Hand Hygiene is the term used to describe activities which clean, or remove germs from, hands. This can be achieved by using an alcohol gel such as Bactol® or by washing hands with soap and water.
What is the Waterless Hand Cleansing Routine?
- Dispense sufficient volume of Bactol® Alcohol Gel into hands. Ensure fingertips and fingernails are covered.
- Thoroughly rub product over all surfaces.
- Pay special attention to thumbs and the webbing between the fingers.
- Interlace fingers, cover nails, palms, fingers and backs of hands.
- Allow Bactol® Alcohol Gel to dry on the hand
What are the 5 Moments of Hand Hygiene?
- Before you visit family or friends
- Before eating or drinking
- After using the toilet, bed pan or urinal OR changing nappies and sanitary pads
- After coughing, sneezing or using a tissue
- Before entering OR leaving a patient’s room
Please enter your email address to subscribe to our newsletters.