Australia’s Healthy Weight Week is an initiative of the Dietitians Association of Australia, raising awareness of the importance of achieving and maintaining a healthy weight and lifestyle.
Eating well is key to feeling your best, both now and in the future. We know healthy eating plays an important role in keeping your body healthy and strong, as well as preventing illness.
Accredited Practising Dietitians (APDs) recommend eating a wide variety of foods each day – that’s Smart Eating.
We recommend you follow the below tips to achieve and maintain a healthy weight:
- Be physically active and choose amounts of nutritious food and drinks to meet your energy needs
- Drink plenty of water and enjoy a wide variety of nutritious foods from the five food groups (vegetables, fruit, grains/cereals, meats/alternative and dairy/alternatives) every day
- Limit intake of foods containing saturated fat, added salt, added sugars and alcohol
- Encourage, support and promote breastfeeding
- Care for your food; prepare and store it safely
To help you enjoy healthy eating, we have selected a few Smart Eating lunchbox recipes from the APD cookbook. These 2 recipes are simple, quick and delicious! Click here for our tasty recipe suggestions.
In support of Australia’s Healthy Weight Week, Vital Medical Supplies is committed to help you achieve your healthy weight goals by monitoring your weight daily with SOEHNLE Digital Scales.
We have selected the perfect range of scales from SOEHNLE, the world's leading European company in professional weighing and measuring technology to fit your medical and personal needs.
Call Customer Service on 1300 557 651 or place an online order to receive 15% OFF on our selected SOEHNLE Scales*.
*Valid until 31st March 2019
Please enter your email address to subscribe to our newsletters.