3M™ Steri-Strip™ Reinforced Skin Closures.
Fast. Simple. Closure.
3M™ Steri-Strip™ Reinforced Skin Closures help to improve cosmetic outcomes when used to replace staples or sutures. ¹,6,7,8,9 Similarly, wounds supported with these closures are less visible after early staple or suture removal. 10
3M™ Steri-Strip™ Reinforced Skin Closures are sterile, flexible skin closure strips that are made of a porous, non-woven, rayon-backed material reinforced with filaments for strength and a hypoallergenic adhesive.
They hold firmly in place and are breathable for greater comfort.
- Used in the closure of lacerations, surgical incisions and following early suture/staple removal
- Less scarring when compared to staples or sutures.
- Enhanced patient comfort
- Fast application
- Reduces likelihood of skin irritation
|3MR1540||5 strips/envelope||3mm x 75mm||50 Env/Box
|3MR1541||3 strips/envelope||6mm x 75mm||50 Env/Box
|3MR1542||6 strips/envelope||6mm x 38mm||50 Env/Box
|3MR1546||10 strips/envelope||6mm x 100mm||50 Env/Box
|3MR1547||6 strips/envelope||12mm x 100mm||50 Env/Box
|3M1548||4 strips/envelope||25mm x 125mm||25 Env/Box
Buy 3M™ Steri-Strip™ Reinforced Skin Closures Online
1. Pepicello J, Yavorek H. Five year experience with tape closure of abdominal wounds. Surg. Gynecol. Obstet. 1989;169:310-314.
6. Conolly WB, Hunt TK, Zederfeldt B, Cafferata HT, Dunphy JE. Clinical comparison of surgical wounds closed by suture and adhesive tapes. Am. J. Surg.1969;117(3):318-322.
7. O’Leary DP, Clover AJ, Galbraith JG, Mushtaq M, Shafiq A, Redmond HP. Adhesive strip wound closure after thyroidectomy/parathyroidectomy: aprospective, randomized controlled trial. Surgery. 2013;153(3):408-412.
8. Romero P, Frongia G, Wingerter S, Holland-Cunz S. Prospective, randomized, controlled trial comparing a tissue adhesive (Dermabond) with adhesive strips (Steri-Strips) for the closure of laparoscopic trocar wounds in children. Eur. J. Pediatr. Surg. 2011;21(3):159-162.
9. DePaulis J. A critical study of causes of the problems encountered in a series of 350 skin incisions closed by means of adhesive strips. Am. J. Surg. 1967;113:469-471.
10. Traub AC, Quattlebaum FW: Early staple removal and replacement by skin tapes. Contemporary Surgery, Vol 18, 1981