ALLEVYN Life Foam Dressings
ALLEVYN Life dressing is a multi-layered design incorporating hydrocellular foam, hyper-absorber lock away core and masking layer which has been designed for people and their everyday life through:
- Unique quadrilobe shape with a wide border designed to fit the contours of the human body more securely and allows patients to shower.
- The protective masking layer minimises the visual impact of strikethrough, providing the patient with confidence that their dressing may not attract the negative attention of others.
- Excellent fluid locking under pressure.
- ALLEVYN Life’s multi-layered design provides cushioning and helps to spread pressure. Silicone wound contact layer offers minimal pain and discomfort on removal while allowing the dressing to be repositioned.
- Change indicator optimises dressing change frequency and minimises wastage.
Features, Advantages and Benefits
- ALLEVYN Life dressings are longer lasting, showerproof, and comfortable 1,2,3,4
- You’ll know when it needs changing with the easy to read change indicator on the top of the dressing 4
- Excess fluid is reassuringly masked and the dressing is cushioned for comfort 3
- Helps to keep potential leaks and odour locked away for more peace of mind 3,5,6
These features mean that the dressing can be left on for longer, aiming to give you at least one more day between dressing changes.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is ALLEVYN Life dressing used for?
- How often do you change ALLEVYN dressing?
- How does ALLEVYN dressing work?
- Are ALLEVYN dressings waterproof?
- Do moist wounds heal faster?
- Can you shower with ALLEVYN dressing?
- Are ALLEVYN and Mepilex the same?
- What is a foam dressing used for?
- How do you use ALLEVYN Life?
- When does ALLEVYN LIFE™ need changing?
- How does ALLEVYN LIFE compare with other dressings?
Patient Information for ALLEVYN LIFE™
Why ALLEVYN LIFE™ has been recommended for you ALLEVYN LIFE has been specifically designed to provide you with an optimal experience in the healing of your wound. Each dressing is designed to enable you to carry out your daily activities and help manage your budget.
- ALLEVYN LIFE is comfortable, secure and conforms to your body shape enabling you to carry out your daily activities.
- ALLEVYN LIFE can be left on the wound for up to 7 days,1 depending on how much fluid is draining from your wound. This will minimise wastage1,2 and your need for clinic visits. Each dressing change has a cost and ALLEVYN LIFE will help manage your budget directly with reduced nursing visits and dressing changes.3
- Allevyn LIFE has a gentle yet strong adhesive. The dressing will feel secure, yet the gentle adhesive will minimise pain and discomfort when it comes time for the dressing to be removed4.
- ALLEVYN LIFE cushions the wound and surrounding skin, protecting your wound from every day knocks and bumps.
- ALLEVYN LIFE has a masking layer to reduce the visibility of fluid that usually oozes from the wound into the dressing.5 You can feel confident in the look of the dressing. Only when the fluid stain extends past the masking layer is it time to change the dressing. This ‘change indicator’ feature reduces the need for more frequent dressing changes making your dollar go further.
- ALLEVYN LIFE also masks wound odour6 thereby avoiding unnecessary embarrassment as you carry out your daily activities.
Patient information About ALLEVYN LIFE ALLEVYN LIFE is a foam dressing with a silicone wound contact layer. It is an innovative multi–layered dressing incorporating a quadrilobe shape* for a secure fit, a protective masking layer which minimises the visual impact of exudate, a lock away layer which prevents leakage and a cushioning layer for maximum protection. *Also available in heel and sacrum shaped dressings to suit your needs
References 1. Dharma H. Multi-centre, non-comparative clinical in market evaluation of ALLEVYN gentle border dressing. Data on file; 2008:report OR-DOF/011. 2. Simon D, Bielby A. A structured collaborative approach to appraise the clinical performance of a new product. Wounds UK 2014; 10:80-97. 3. Joy H et al. A collaborative project to enhance efficiency through dressing change practice. Journal of Woundcare 2015 ; 24 (7):312-317. 4. Hurd T et al. A multi-centre in-market evaluation of ALLEVYN gentle border, Wounds UK, 2009, Vol 5, No3. 5. Roberts S. Simulated wound model testing of ALLEVYN LIFE and Mepilex Border. Data on file report; June 2012: report DS/12/129/DOF. 6. Roberts S. Odour reducing properties of ALLEVYN LIFE. Data on file; 2012: report DS/12/127/DOF.