ViaValve® Safety IV Catheters 20Gx1 (Pink) - Box/200
Supplier Part: 326710
Unit: CAR 200
ViaValve® Safety IV Catheters provides blood control to help reduce the risk of blood exposure and contamination.
A unique valve inside the catheter hub impedes blood flow from the patient’s vein upon initial venipuncture. Maintaining a clean access site helps prevent the transfer of bloodborne pathogens from patient to caregiver on soiled gloves, clothing, bedding and dressings.
The catheter valve, once in the patient’s vein, is activated by attaching the Luer fitting of an infusion line which opens the valve to allow unrestricted flow. ViaValve® Safety IV Catheters also help prevent unintended needlesticks.
Its safety guard surrounds the retracted introducer needle and produces a “click” to indicate that the needle is contained for handling and disposal.
Features and Benefits:
- ViaValve® is now available with wings for greater clinician choice and enhanced securement.
- ViaValve® Safety IV Catheters feature polyurethane catheter tubes that soften and become more pliable, allowing longer in-dwell.
- Fully encased needle safety design helps prevent needle stick injuries and blood exposure.
- Sliding shield provides greater control during one-handed insertion and threading.
- Catheter’s ribbed hub facilitates catheter securement.
- FLASH-VUE® early flash indicator reveals when the needle tip enters a vein, featured on gauges 20 to 24.
- V-point needle helps maximize patient comfort with low penetration force.
- Needle features FLASH-VUE® Early Flash Indicator
- Hub: Straight Hub (Pink), Radiopaque
- Size: 20g x 1"
- Flow rate: 65 mL/min
- UOM: Box/200
- Image is sample of product
Request further information on this product
Please enter your email address to subscribe to our newsletters.