3M™ Avagard™ Antiseptic CHG Hand Rub.
3M™ Avagard™ makes it easy for healthcare workers, patients and visitors to comply fully with hand hygiene practices.
As your hands come into contact with people, animals and surfaces throughout the day, you become susceptible to the spread of germs. In fact, 80% of infections are transmitted via touch.
Help protect yourself and the people around you with 3M™ Avagard™.
Hand hygiene is the most effective infection prevention measure. In the absence of soap and water, an alcohol based CHG hand gel is just as effective.
- Contains 0.5%w/v Chlorhexidine Gluconate (CHG) for residual and cumulative efficacy.
- Formulated to be pH balanced. Containing both an emollient and moisturisers to nourish and maintain skin integrity.
- Easily mounted at ‘point of care’ - wide range of placement options.
- Faster dry time than gels and foams.
- Developed and manufactured in Australia.
Advantages of Chlorhexidine Gluconate in Hand Rub:
- CHG is highly effective at killing germs fast
- Sustained antimicrobial activity
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. What is 3M Avagard Antiseptic CHG Hand Rub?
Alcohol-based Hand Rub (ABHR) providing rapid antimicrobial kill of a broad spectrum of microorganisms. Available in 125mL and 500mL.
2. What is 3M Avagard Antiseptic CHG Hand Rub indicated for?
3M Avagard Antiseptic CHG Hand Rub is indicated for use as a topical skin antiseptic for Healthcare Professionals only. ARTG. 77398
3. What does 3M Avagard Antiseptic CHG Hand Rub contain?
Contains 0.5%w/v Chlorhexidine Gluconate (CHG) for residual and cumulative efficacy. Gentle on the skin with added moisturisers and emollient. pH balanced. Also contains 70% v/v ethanol.
4. What are 3M Avagard Antiseptic CHG Hand Rub instructions for use*?
Directions: Use undiluted.
For rapid hand antisepsis: Apply to clean, dry hands. Deliver sufficient quantity of product to wet hands and fingernails. Rub vigorously over all surfaces and allow to dry.
*For warnings and precautions please refer to product labelling. Indications for Use: Antiseptic hand rub for use as a topical skin antiseptic. Healthcare professionals use only. Medicine Classification NZ: General Sale Medicine. 3M™ and Avagard™ are trademarks of 3M.
Please enter your email address to subscribe to our newsletters.